I’m Emily, a digital reporter/politics nerd currently writing for The Independent of London. I graduated Occidental College with a degree in political science, and left the warm west coast to report the news in NYC. (There were also a few months of Hollywood event planning in there. It did not go well.)
In the past year I have:
- Conducted the first interview with the woman accusing Donald Trump of rape.
- Uncovered evidence of Trump’s lawyers trying to bury sexual harassment claims against him.
- Talked my way into the only interview with Chimamanda Adichie at the United Nations World Humanitarian Day.
- Gone undercover at a Republican election night event.
- Covered the Democratic National Convention. In heels.